I was on a roll.. had fabric cut, mindset to leave procrastination in the dust, and then my machine decides it wants to butt heads with me. My sewing machine has been wonky since after I finished my oldest son's Halloween costume. I had set it aside for a few days, pulled it back out to work on some baby wipes for the baby and the stitches didn't want to cooperate. I put it away again. Didn't want to even try and fight it. It sat for two months and I guess I was hoping that maybe it just sitting there so it could think about what it had done would give that darn machine time to fix itself. I was wrong.
Oh man.. I fought with that baby for a good 6 hours over the weekend. Taking every bit of patience I had not to throw it outside in the mud. Oh yeah, it rained all weekend too. -forehead slap-
I called around and found that the cheapest tune up I can get on my machine is $79.99. I'm sure more than that once you figure in the good ol' tax. Needless to say, my machine has been put away until the extra $80+ comes along. I did manage to get some scrapbooking done! Well, one page at least. The first page in my 3 year old's baby scrapbook that I meant to start over 2 and 1/2 years ago. Hey, it's a start right? When life gives you lemons..
Oh man.. I fought with that baby for a good 6 hours over the weekend. Taking every bit of patience I had not to throw it outside in the mud. Oh yeah, it rained all weekend too. -forehead slap-
I called around and found that the cheapest tune up I can get on my machine is $79.99. I'm sure more than that once you figure in the good ol' tax. Needless to say, my machine has been put away until the extra $80+ comes along. I did manage to get some scrapbooking done! Well, one page at least. The first page in my 3 year old's baby scrapbook that I meant to start over 2 and 1/2 years ago. Hey, it's a start right? When life gives you lemons..
0 comments: