I'm a super bad blogger! Seriously, life has been busy. As a kid, life seems to be a slow, trickling creek, somewhere on a warm, slow summer day. You know, with PB&J sandwiches, a pitcher full of Mom's sun tea, birds chirping.. yeah. Where'd that go?! There must have been a band of torrential rain move through the past few years, because WOW! Life sure does seem to move at the pace of a rapid river, I think I forgot my raft.. or it has a hole in it. That poor little creek bed had life bust out of it's banks! Well, I guess that's not entirely true.. sometimes things slow down.. so maybe we are experiencing a metaphorical flash flood.
(Wandering thought!) I suppose much like that of my backyard. Texas is so strange with it's weather.. no rain for months, and now it won't stop raining. My backyard is a lake, and a hill. Yeah, figure that out.
Anyway.. I'm trying to keep this poor, pathetic blog alive. So here's something crafty I did on a slow day!
I had bought two 3-packs of wooden frames from IKEA the weekend before my youngest was born.. and now 8 months later, have finished the project I intended to do for the boys' bathroom. We bought a ducky shower curtain when Jesse was a baby, and got it on clearance, if I remember correctly, for a mere dollar or two. Only downer though, no matching decor. Rubber duckies tho! Come on, that's classic... I can work with that. ;] So three years in the making, the ducky bathroom slowly pulls together. I thank the frames.
Anyway, I painted the naked, pine frames.. well, I assume they are pine. They look like pine. Works for me.
I just used sponge brushes and some acrylic paint. Once it was dried, sprayed acrylic sealer on them and it gave it a nice, glossy finished looked. Don't touch them while the sealer dries! It's sticky before completely dry and now one of my blue frames has a fingerprint poke on it. Gosh darn it, curiosity! Oh, and you might want to spray in a well ventilated area. I had to bust open the windows once the rainbow scented unicorns got after me. Uh.. what?? Actually, my oldest said, "Smells good, Mommy!" -raised eyebrow-
We then found pictures of rubber duckies on the net and printed them out, traced the correct size, cut them out and stuck them in the newly painted and customized frames. They look spiffy. 3 yr old says, "I looooooove it!" Now, I have to find some sort of duck toothbrush holder.. I don't think my skills with clay would qualify me for that craft.
0 comments: